23 Jan 2019

8- Monteverde, Costa Rica

19th to 24th of Jan 2019 - San Jose/ Monteverde, Costa Rica

Spent 2 nights in San Jose & Katrin left me on the 20th of Jan to fly back to Germany 😭.
San Jose seems always a bit cooler & more windy than the other places in Costa Rica.
But that’s nothing compare to Monteverde, I have to say. There was a strong wind day & night about 45km/h. Thanks got it was sunny daily and therefore I felt freezing cold only during the night. I was actually planning to do laundry, but that failed as I had to wear all of my clothes. And (for the first time since I arrived here) I was very happy I carry the hiking boots & the jacket with me.
Getting in occasionally contact with people is relatively easy. They just start talking to me. After my arrival at the hostel in San Jose an American girl asked me if I wanted to go to dinner with her, as it’s better to not go out alone after dark. We had a nice time. Or as I was reading Pablo Neruda in a cafe, the waiter and myself had a nice talk about the book... I am loving these beautiful & very unexpected situations.
The Monteverde Cloud Forest is nice, but I don’t think you would miss it, if you hadn’t seen it. Especially if you used to live in Ireland. It’s an old forest with lots of moss and the occasional sunshine peaking through the green & the fog are nice. Pay in US$ if you can, they charge you much more if you can only pay in CRC & it’s already expensive.


It’s f... crazy windy here







No comments:

Post a Comment

23- Machu Picchu

25th to 26th of March 2019 - Machu Picchu There are different ways to get to Machu Picchu from Cusco - take the bus - take the train - ...