10 Mar 2019

16- Mancora & Chiclayo, Peru

02nd of March 2019 - Ecuador to Peru
I crossed the boarder from Ecuador to Peru via Agua Verdes, connecting Huaquillas (Ecuador) & Tumbes (Peru). I took a bus from Cuenca (Ecuador) & arrived about 8 hrs later in Mancora (Peru). Boarder crossing was a little tricky and took ages due to the amount of people, although it was in the middle of the night. Exit Ecuador & entry Peru are counters next to each other in the same building, which makes the whole process much easier and smoother. You only need your passport, nothing else (ie. proof of onward travel) is required.
The woman for the entrance Peru was very confused by my passport. She had never seen a German one before - how great is that - I love it. She had to take my picture about 3 times, as I had my eyes closed, but to be fair it was around 2 in the morning. She asked me a couple of questions, which some I didn’t understood in Spanish & she couldn’t speak English. So we used Google translate on her phone 😂. After taking my fingerprints, I got a stamp with 30 days. I really hope that’s enough. 🤔
Than I lost the bus & had to ask a few people. There seems to be a general parking sloth for the buses & it waited there. I was definitely not the only one confused by that, even if everyone else in the bus was able to speak & understand Spanish.
The whole process took about 2hrs and the majority was spent waiting in line.

02nd to 05th of March 2019 - Mancora, Peru
I arrived in Mancora - a beach town on the north west coast of Peru at about 5.30am. I was allowed to sit in the communal area of the hostel & could already check into my room at around 8am. That was great.
Mancora is a hot beach town, it was alright, but I didn’t really like it too much. I found it way too busy, the beach was relatively dirty (plastic stuff everywhere) & there were absolutely no shadow on the beach, if you didn’t wanted to pay for an umbrella. Maybe my expectations are now much higher after being on so many great beaches (favorite probably Puerto Lopez, Ecuador). But it wasn’t bad, to be fair, just not my personal taste. I spent 3days & 3nights here.

05th to 06th of March 2019 - Chiclayo, Peru
I arrived with the bus (around 9hrs) from Mancora. Chiclayo is hot, humid & felt pretty weird/unsafe to me. For example there were a couple of shops, but all of them had doors with metall bars in front, so you can’t go into the shop. Say what you want, give your money & receive your goods through the metall bars. Like in a prison - very awkward. I also had a bad experience with a motor taxi. We agreed in where to and a price, he drove about 200m to a petrol station, asked for the money & than kicked me out as he had another client. The next driver was much nicer & even cheaper, but still. I am happy I spent only one night & one day in Chiclayo.

Sunset at Máncora beach


No comments:

Post a Comment

23- Machu Picchu

25th to 26th of March 2019 - Machu Picchu There are different ways to get to Machu Picchu from Cusco - take the bus - take the train - ...